|Need Wine? You've found it here at Southern Latitudes Wines Carmel, shipping wine throughout the United States and with free local delivery throughout the Monterey Bay Area.
Specializing exclusively in the wines of Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, South Africa and Chile
Southern Latitudes Wines is located at Lincoln Street between Ocean and 6th, across from the library. |
Normal Hours: Open Wednesday through Sunday from 11 am - 6 pm, closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
We ship wine daily throughout the United States. For more details please visit our 'Shipping' page.
|Free Local Delivery|
- For free delivery, call 831-622-7652, order online and select free local delivery, or email email@example.com. Minimum order $50, please.
- Stop by the shop and take your wine with you, stop by later in the week to collect it, ask us to cheerfully deliver it to you, have us pack it up to check through on your plane, or have us ship it to you. Could it possibly be simpler?
- Although the shop is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, we do ship and deliver wine on those days.
For same day delivery, when ordering from the website be sure to select wines listed as available for "same day shipping." Anything available for same day shipping is sitting in our shop, and waiting to be delivered to your door.
- If you are looking for a wine that is not available for same day shipping, no worries! It generally takes only a day or two or three to receive it from the warehouse.
How does the wine tasting work?
- Such a popular question! Our tasting menu consists of 5 or 6 wines, and changes every other day. We offer 2 ounce tasting pours. Generally, the full series of 5 or 6 wines costs $11 - $15 for the flight, while a shorter series of three selections is usually offered for $6 per flight. You can also do an a la carte tasting and choose individual wine tastes for an individual tasting price (which is based on the price of the bottle). People are welcome to share their flights, and we offer discounts on purchases of wine on the tasting menu.
- As the shop closes at 6 pm each day, we recommend starting a tasting no later than 5:15 so that you don't have to rush.
Are the beagles there today?
- Our most frequently asked question, and the answer is ... "maybe."
- Taz and Flinders, our three year old employers, can sometimes be found lolling in the window, or shall we say "enthusiastically" greeting customers and friends (yes, you can be both). If they are working today, odds are you'll hear them well before you see them!
- We're big on wine and not so big on self promotion, so when a customer makes a kind remark, our first instinct is not to write it down and post it on our website. Nonetheless, here is a small representative sampling of some kind words ...
- Click this link to read "The Fly South," an article about our shop published in the April 8, 2010 edition of the Monterey County Weekly
- "Visited "Southern Latitudes" wine shop in Carmel, CA today. Deep selection at great prices. Don't let the location throw you. Visit them!" --DZ
- "A poster recently inquired about this wine shop that sells/ ships via an online website as well. I said I would ck this place out, and I did today. I have only wonderful words to write about Southern Latitudes Wines. The two women who run/own this wine shop are the most awesome, down to earth ladies... and they know their southerly wines. They are a wealth of knowledge, and very friendly and accommodating..." --NG
- "The concept is anything from the Southern Hemisphere, and this allows the shop to showcase some superb and unique wines from places like Chile, Argentina, South Africa, New Zealand, and Australia. The two women who run the store are really friendly and always up for conversation and recommendations." -- NN
- "This place is a must for wine drinkers. Great selection of wines, affordable tastings, super cool owners." --CR
- "I have dealt with many online retailers and just used you for the first time on this order. Gotta say I am very impressed. You shipped my order the same day it was placed, I received it in 3 days, you offered a case discount and the wine was perfect temperature. Not to mention you even sent a personalized note on the back of a business card recommending a little ageing (which I def. will do). You are at the top of my long list for future purchases and will be highly recommended by me to my friends. Thank you very much for a pleasant wine purchasing experience."--BA